MARTIN AUDIO CDD-LIVE 8 ultra-compact, coaxial differential dispersion powered 2-way system
Warehouse: Not available
The CDD-LIVE 8 is an ultra-compact, self-powered, two-way system featuring an 8” (200mm) LF/1” (25mm) exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver which can be easily rotated for horizontal or vertical orientation. Its small size gives no indication of its high output capability and exceptional fidelity. As a stand-alone loudspeaker, it has a multitude of professional applications — from small-medium scale sound reinforcement, AV presentations and HoW to distributed systems, frontfill/infill and use as a micro stage monitor.
Ultra-compact, self-powered two-way system
Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
Onboard Class D amplification and DSP
Dante™ Digital Audio networking
Global mains operation with Power Factor Correction
User-rotatable CDD™ driver
Vertical and horizontal mounting options
Tour-grade, multi-angle plywood enclosure
IP24 rating option with rain cowl
Comprehensive mounting accessories
Live sound reinforcement
Corporate AV events
Fixed installations in concert halls, ballrooms and HoW
Stage monitor and sidefill
Bars and clubs
With wide coverage close-up, the Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD-LIVE 8 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns, and its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs.
A self-powered system, the CDD-LIVE 8 incorporates a two-channel Class D amplifier, DSP and Dante™ digital audio networking — simplifying set-up, enhancing control and eliminating amplifier racks. The onboard amplifier delivers 1000W LF + 300W HF peak output to the drivers, and its switched-mode power supply auto-ranges to global mains voltages from 100 to 240V 50/60Hz.
DSP functions — including parametric EQ, delay, muting, gain and preset selection — can be controlled over Ethernet from a PC or Windows® tablet via intuitive VU-NET™ proprietary software.
For simple set-ups, ‘plug-and-play’ presets — as well as a user-defined preset — can be selected on the rear panel, instead of using computer control. As an alternative to its analogue inputs, the CDD- LIVE 8 is Dante enabled for digital audio distribution and control over a single CAT5 cable to maintain audio quality however long the cable run.
The CDD-LIVE 8 is incredibly versatile. Its multi-angle enclosure can be used in either horizontal or vertical orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The tour-grade enclosure is constructed from multi-laminate plywood and finished in a hard-wearing polyurea coating. Integral fittings include a top-hat for pole mounting and multiple M8 inserts for attachment to a wall-bracket, yoke or universal bracket with a wide range of up and down tilt angles.
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion powered two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (1): 70Hz – 20kHz ±3dB, -10dB @ 50Hz
- DRIVER: LF: 8” (200mm)/2” (50mm) voice coil, long excursion, shared ferrite motor system with HF HF: 1” (25mm) exit/1.4” (38mm) voice coil, polyimide dome compression driver
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: -26dBu for 100dB SPL
- MAXIMUM SPL (2): 117dB continuous / 123dB peak
- DISPERSION: 110˚-80˚ horizontal, 60˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.3kHz Active LR8 Balance presets for pole mount/ pole mount with sub/ stage monitor
Module Audio Input
- CONNECTORS: Female XLR input, male XLR link output, Dante Audio Neutrik® Ethercon
- ANALOGUE INPUT IMPEDANCE: 20 kΩ balanced to ground
- MAXIMUM ANALOGUE INPUT LEVEL: 24.6 Vpp (+21dBu), over voltage protected
- Internal Processing:
-DSP, programmable via TCP/IP using VU-Net software
-Up to 48dB/Oct HPF
-Low latency HF FIR filters
-Up to 200ms input delay
-Pre-set selection via rear panel switch
- CONNECTORS: 2x Neutrik ® Ethercon RJ45
- PROTOCOL: TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- TYPE: 2 channel switch-mode, class D
- PEAK OUTPUT POWER: 1300W total 1000W LF, 300W HF
- AVERAGE EFFICIENCY: 89%
- COOLING: External convection cooled, with internal fan
- MAXIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE: 40°C (104°F) for full output
- TYPE: Switch mode, fixed frequency with PFC
- AC INPUT OPERATING RANGE: 85 – 265V ~ AC, 50 - 60Hz
- POWER FACTOR: > 0.98
- NOMINAL POWER CONSUMPTION: 85W
- MAINS CONNECTOR: Neutrik® Powercon True1
- ENCLOSURE: Extensively braced multi-laminate plywood.
- FINISH: Textured black PU coating.
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE HEX: perforated mild steel with protective zinc plating and black powder coat finish. Backed with black grille cloth
-Top hat for pole mounting
-15 x M8 mounting points
-Single pocket handle
-Optional weather protection cowl
- IP RATING: IP24 factory option available
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 258mm x (H) 428mm x (D) 254mm (W) 10.16in x (H) 16.85in x (D) 10.00in
- WEIGHT: 14kg (30.8lbs) excluding Transit cover
- ACCESSORIES: Transit Cover Optional wall, yoke and universal brackets